Last modified: October 14, 2019
ClipStock ("Company" or "We") respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website [ClipStock.com] (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website;
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website and the independent services provided via the Website, including, but not limited to, Braintree, Google Analytics, and Customer Relationship Management Systems;
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services;
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at [email protected].
How Your Personal Information and Data Is Collected and Used
ClipStock collects data in order to provide services to you, comply with legal obligations, and to improve all consumer-facing services and products. As is true of most online portals, we automatically assimilate information about your online web activity, which is about you, however, it does not personally identify you, such as your IP address, browser, referring pages and/or links, and OS. Other than information collected about your online web activity, ClipStock only receives your personal information when you directly provide it to us by filling out forms on the Website, registering to use the Website, and corresponding with the Website.
- Administer your account and provide access to the ClipStock Websites, and services.
- Process your financial transactions / send orders / renewal confirmations.
- Provide technical support or other benefits that may be made available to registered users.
- Operate blogs and other comment areas of the website.
- Respond to customer service requests, questions and concerns.
- Send you requested product or service information to keep you informed about special offers and services of ClipStock and selected third parties.
- Notify you of promotions and contests that you enter and notify you of the results.
- Improve service development needs for our website.
- Once you decide to become a ClipStock content contributor, obtain certain additional information that might be requested once you sign-up as a ClipStock contributor, including financial information or payment gateway information needed to compensate you; including your taxpayer identification number, in order for us to prepare tax information documents. Other photo identification information may be needed to assist us in marketing your Content and to confirm your identity or your rights to the content you are providing to us.
- Work with our third-party service providers, including, but not limited to: Braintree, Mailchimp, smile.io, Customer Relationship Management Systems, Google Analytics, and website heat maps.
We compile information that we collect through ClipStock online forms, cookies, logs, transparent images, pixels, and/or third-party affiliates or sources to profile individual preferences and needs. We connect your personally identifiable information, and/or your platform/webpage usage history, to information procured through this process, in order to provide specifically designed promotional offers and to improve the usable content of the website for you.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Opting Out of Emails
If at any time, you decide to stop receiving any marketing or update notifications, please follow the unsubscribe instructions that are included in this correspondence, visiting the member portal on your account page, or contacting us at [email protected] to be removed from our database.
If ClipStock receives personal information regarding others, whether it be a member, user, or contributor of the website, or if others provide your information to us, we will only use the information provided for the specific reasons it was provided to us.
ClipStock does not sell your personal information to any third party.
We may disclose personal information to third-party service providers that perform some services on our behalf or related to the functionality of our platform. We may hire other organizations to process payments, to provide data storage, systems management, to host websites or servers, to fulfill requests or orders, to assist in marketing and promotions. These third-party service providers (i) are permitted to obtain only the information they need to provide the specific service, (ii) are required by ClipStock to protect personal information under the same guidelines and restrictions as ClipStock and as required by applicable law, including, if they process personal information of persons residing in the EU, the GDPR, (iii) are permitted to utilize such personal information only for the purposes for which it is provided to them, and (iv) are prohibited from using it for any other purpose.
In some instances, ClipStock may be required to comply with legal requests or obligations to disclose personal information in response to approved requests by public authorities, including local, regional, and national agencies of law enforcement and/or national security.
Where required by law (e.g., to comply with a warrant, subpoena, court order, or legal process), and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect ClipStock’s rights, to avoid litigation, to protect your safety or the safety of others, to investigate fraud, and/or to respond to a government request, ClipStock maintains the ability and the right to provide this information to necessary authorities. ClipStock may also disclose information about any user or contributor in order to comply with our own legal obligations if we determine that such disclosure should be made for reasons of law enforcement, national security, or other public matters.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- As required or requested by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- When we or our affiliates believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or comply with law, protect the safety of our customers or the safety of us or others, investigate fraud, defend ourselves from legal claims, or respond to a government request;
- If you are a content contributor, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary and appropriate to facilitate the sale of licenses to your content;
- If ClipStock is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets; (In such event, you will be notified via email and/or a notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.);
- To our legal counsel and auditors; or
- To any other third-party with your prior consent to do so.
If you have entered into and/or won a ClipStock contest, we or a contest sponsor may publish your name and city of residence, unless a proxy is requested.
Payment Gateways and Processes
We may not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about any targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Automatic Data Collection and Website Analytics
Administrators may use ClipStock and third-party cookies and other tracking technologies to facilitate member and/or guest use of the Website, for example, to monitor information regarding Website users’ preferences, Website activity and profile information, and the IP address of the devices ClipStock members use to access the Website. The information enables us to link such information to the Website users’ ClipStock accounts and provides verification of their identifying information. Cookies and other tracking methods are also used to collect usage and volume statistical information that does not include personal information.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but provide controls that allow you to block or delete them. Instructions for blocking or deleting cookies in other browsers may be available in each browser's privacy or help documentation. Users should be aware that certain features and capabilities of the Website depend on cookies, so if any user chooses to block cookies, they may not be able to use those features or capabilities, and the preferences that are dependent on cookies may be lost. If you choose to delete cookies, settings and preferences controlled by those cookies will be deleted and may need to be recreated.
We use third-party website analytics services to gather information about how you and others use our Website, and to facilitate our users’ use of the Website. ClipStock and its administrators may use this information to understand and optimize how our Website is used and the information regarding your activity on the Website to assess our users’ needs so that we may offer content and/or services to meet such needs.
The information we collect automatically helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests;
Speed up your searches;
Recognize you when you return to our Website.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us will be encrypted using SSL technology and is stored on our servers and merchant providers and all processes are PCI compliant.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Control Over Your Personal Information
You may have the right to:
- Receive a copy of, review, and/or update your personal information;
- Correct any of your personal information in our records that is inaccurate; and/or
- Restrict processing of or request erasure of your personal information.
We extend this right to persons everywhere, except as necessary for management of contractual rights and obligations, the establishment, exercisem defense of legal rights, claims or protection of our other ClipStock contributors or licensee rights, which includes our need to comply with our contractual and other legal obligations, resolve disputes or claims, and enforce our agreements. Where your and our contractual obligations and the rights grant by us are perpetual, we would not erase or stop use of your information.
If you would like to do so, contact us at [email protected].